April 7, 2022
What is VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding?
Optical bonding refers to the process where a protective layer of resin is applied between the glass and the screen’s TFT panel. This is done to tightly bond the two layers to create a stable, sleek laminate, eliminating gaps or air pockets. A type of optical bonding, VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding, is an industry-leading process developed and used by the Apollo Display Technologies team.
Unlike traditional optical bonding utilizing a wet process with a liquid adhesive that can be messy and lead to a lower-quality result, VacuBond® uses a dry process. This dry process uses a pure silicone gel sheet with the bonds performed in a vacuum chamber, yielding guaranteed perfect results every time. This process can be used for display sizes up to 32 inches with all types of touchscreens and cover glasses. It is also particularly beneficial in smaller displays with a frameless design often difficult to bond.
What Are The Benefits of VacuBond® Optical Bonding?
Apollo Display Technologies’ very own optical bonding process, VacuBond®, has a range of advantages over traditional optical bonding that make it industry-leading. Some of these benefits of VacuBond® include:
- Zero optical defect production – Thanks to VacuBond®’s dry process, the process yields excellent results every time with no imperfections visible to the naked eye.
- Perfect material stability – You’ll notice a brighter image with no yellowing.
- No condensation or fogging – With the eliminated air gap, no moisture or dust will be able to penetrate the screen, meaning there will be no clouding, fogging, or condensation build-up, perfect for outdoor use and humid conditions.
- Vibration and shock resistance – With this optical bonding, screens become more durable than ever, providing excellent protection from shock and vibrations.
- Increased touch accuracy – The accuracy of the touch capabilities is more precise due to the elimination of the air gap.
For the most advanced optical bonding in the industry, turn to Apollo Display Technologies and see how the VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding process sets itself apart from competitors.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to the in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.