August 3, 2020
Do you ever take a moment to appreciate the beautiful, bright screen on your electronic devices that has made your life easier in a multitude of ways? Well, you can thank optical bonding for that!
What is Optical Bonding?
Optical bonding is a crucial process that consists of applying a thin layer of resin to a glass screen or touchscreen, which is then attached to an LCD panel of a monitor. This process is done to secure the two together in order to create a solid bond without any pockets of air in between them.
Screens that have used optical bonding are most commonly used for technology within the military, medical, marine, and transportation industries where screens would likely endure heavy lighting, the outdoor elements, and other harsh conditions.
What Are The Benefits of Optical Bonding?
Having screens that have undergone the optical bonding process have many benefits over other displays:
- Greater durability – The cover glass and LCD cells are both better protected from shock.
- Better imaging – Optical bonding eliminates internal refraction creating a better and brighter display.
- Better touch screen – Optical bonding reduces parallax, and without the air gap, the touch is much more accurate for a natural and reliable experience.
- Protection from dust and moisture – Dust and moisture are unable to penetrate the glass because of the eliminated air gap.
- Lighter display weight – The hardened adhesive layer makes for a lighter display that’s easier to handle and transport.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!