Optical Bonding: What is it, and Why is it Necessary?
February 25, 2021
Have you ever wondered how your digital screens are to be a long-lasting and durable piece of technology? Learning about the importance of the screen bonding process can help you make decisions when buying and creating digital displays and screens.
Here at Apollo Display Technologies, we are experts at optical bonding, a necessary process that helps ensure digital screens are looking and operating at their best. Our VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding process is the most advanced form of optical bonding in the industry, and you’ll be amazed by the results.
What is Optical Bonding?
Optical bonding is the process of connecting the touch sensors and cover glass to an LCD panel and other internal components of the device. This process is done to secure the two parts together in order to create a solid bond between them without any pockets of air or air gap in between the layers. Without optical bonding, screens wouldn’t be as effective, clear, and durable.
Benefits of Optical Bonding
There are many benefits to this valuable process. When you use the Apollo Display Technologies VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding process, you’re receiving top-quality bonding and the best screens on the market. Here are some of those incredible benefits:
- Better visuals – One of the best benefits of this process is that internal refraction is eliminated, creating a better and brighter display.
- Excellent durability – Optical bonding helps devices be stronger and more durable. The cover glass and LCD cells are both better protected from shock from accidental drops.
- No condensation – Because the optical bonding process eliminates the air gap layer, condensation within the device’s internal components is no longer a worry.
- Protection from dust and dirt particles – Similarly, with condensation, no tiny dust or dirt particles can enter the device and cause damage.
- Improved sensitivity to touch – Also, with the elimination of the air gap between the layers, the touch screen’s functionality is greatly improved. The touch detection becomes much more accurate, creating an overall better and eligible user experience.
- Lighter display weight – This process allows the cover glass to be thinner, making for a lighter display that is easier to transport and handle.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.