July 24, 2020
The use of touchscreens to help businesses has been a common trend in recent years as technology continues to advance and improve our lives. Restaurants are just one of the many types of businesses that have been increasingly utilizing touchscreens for both employees and customers to use as a means of quicker, more efficient service.
Here’s how touchscreen technology can be used in restaurants:
When it comes to customers ordering food, touchscreens can be very beneficial:
- New items can easily be added to keep the menu always accurately updated
- Orders can be easily customized to their specific liking
- Images can help the customers decide what they want
- Customers can order a drink, extra side, appetizer, etc. without needing a busy waiter’s attention
- Overall quicker service
Giving customers the power to pay on their own can be very beneficial to your restaurant:
- Replace cashiers and have customers order and pay on their own to avoid mistakes and speed up the ordering process
- Lessens the time customers are in the restaurant
- Comfort for customers in handling the payment process themselves
- Groups of people can easily divide the check or pay for their individual orders
Touchscreen technology can be used to help any busy kitchen:
- Makes orders more clear and easy to read leading to fewer mistakes and a higher volume of customers
- Keep track of the timing of orders and how long it takes to reach the customer
- Helps specify whether the order is dine-in, take-out, or for delivery
Being well-organized is key to the success of any restaurant. Touchscreens can help keep all aspects of the restaurant organized to help promote efficiency and save money:
- Keep track of all inventory amounts
- Keep track of expiration dates and avoid spoilage
- Monitor the time, type, and amount of all orders
- Schedule reservations
- Easily keep track of tables and where customers are seated
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!