Back to Blog
August 20, 2020
Most of us have done it before, and it will likely happen again! If you’ve dropped your phone in water, it’s logical that your first thought might be that this is a complete disaster, and there’s no hope to save your phone, but it’s not true! If you act quickly and with the proper technique, there is a good chance you won’t need to invest in a new device.
Here’s what you need to do in case your drop your phone into the water:
- Get your phone out of the water as soon as possible – This should be obvious, but the less time your phone is submerged, the better the chance it has for it to survive!
- Turn it off right away – If it isn’t off already, make sure to turn it off and keep it off. The goal here is to make sure it doesn’t short circuit.
- If you can, take out the battery, SIM card, and SD – What kind of phone you have will determine what you are able to remove. This step helps you get everything out in the open for more airflow and quicker drying time.
- Dry it out – Dab your phone with a cloth or a paper towel. You’ll want to make sure the phone is tilted on its side so gravity can help get the water out.
- Give it time – Allow for the phone to air dry and leave it for as long as possible.
What NOT to do:
- Don’t blow into your phone with your mouth – You may think this will help, but instead, you’ll likely push the water further into the phone causing more damage.
- Don’t use a blow dryer – Aside from pushing the water further into the phone, the hot air will quickly overheat your phone.
- Don’t put your phone in a microwave or any heating up contraption – This will only destroy your phone.
- Don’t be so quick to grab some rice – This is what people tend to think is the most effective way of drying out your phone, but many studies show that natural air drying your phone out is a better method, especially if you are in a warmer climate.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.
The Impact of Custom Display Screens on Retail Environments
May 6, 2023
How Often Should I Change My Passwords?
May 4, 2023
Maximizing the Lifespan of Your Custom Display
May 1, 2023
5 Tech Habits to Help You Be More Eco-Friendly
April 28, 2023
The Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning a Touchscreen
April 5, 2023
Medical Touch Screen Solutions with Apollo Display Technologies
April 5, 2023
Why is Optical Bonding Essential?
April 3, 2023
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest product news, industry updates and new developments.