The Importance of Strong Passwords
Passwords are your first line of protection when it comes to defense against hackers and malicious software trying to steal your personal information. Victims of online scams and information theft may notice their bank information has changed, spam is being sent from their email, they’ve lost money, or even had their identity stolen. The stronger your passwords are, the more difficult it is for these hackers to break into. When creating accounts, you should always craft strong passwords no matter what it’s for.
Tips For Creating Secure Passwords
When you’re creating your passwords, keep these tips in mind to make sure they are as secure as possible:
- Use unique passwords for every account. Don’t repeat your passwords across multiple accounts.
- Make sure your password is at least eight characters long.
- Never use personal information such as your name, birthday, street address, family names, etc., in your passwords.
- Use a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols in your passwords.
- Avoid consecutive keyboard combinations, such as “qwerty.”
- Change your passwords regularly.
How To Keep Your Password Secure
To make sure your passwords stay safe, follow these suggestions:
- Never share your passwords with anyone else.
- Check your surroundings and make sure no one is watching as you type in your passwords.
- Avoid logging into your accounts when connected to an unsecured wireless network.
- Always log off or sign out of your accounts when you leave your computer.
- Don’t write down your passwords near your computer or workstation where someone can easily find them.
- Always select the “never” button when your computer asks for your permission to remember your passwords.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Custom Digital Screen Solutions!
As the global leader in optical bonding, Apollo Display Technologies supports you in all project phases – from the construction of the metal housing and procurement of specific parts to the in-house development of controller boards and touchscreen integration. In need of a product, part, or have a project in mind? Contact us today at (631) 580-4360 or click here for more information.