The most advanced form of optical bonding in the industry: VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding & Vacuum Assembly/Laminating
In close strategic and technical co-operation with the Japanese Taica – Group the Data Display Group developed their own optical bonding production process: VacuBond®.
Take a look at our newest video describing the benefits and process of VacuBond
Vacuum bonding (also direct dry optical bonding) allows for a zero optical defect production and provides perfect material stability (no yellowing). Also modern sleek TFT displays can be bonded with this fully automated production process without any problems.
- bonding of
- all TFT display sizes up to 32″
- cover glasses on TFT displays with integrated PCAP touch
- touch screens of all technologies and/or protective glass
- PMMA/acrylic glass
- modern TFT displays without solid frame / housing
- of the pure TFT cell without bezel
- the rear of the TFT cell to eliminate free air spaces
(“free air exclusion bonding” respectively “Void exclusion” bonding for ATEX – IECEx – certification)
- direct bonding into your housing / bezel
VacuAssembly / Laminating enables:
laminating all kind of glasses (also PMMA and Acryl) and touchscreens of all technologies up to 32″. In contrast to autoclave laminating (often > 100°C) the VacuAssembly process takes place at room temperature and avoids laminating beyond the specified temperature range of the components.
- Touchscreen – glass
- glass – glass
- Touchscreen – PMMA / Acryl
- multi layer construction (eg. EMI pane – touchscreen – glass)
Advantages of optical bonding:
- Improved readability without increased power consumption:
By eliminating the air gaps between the TFT display and the cover glass/touch, the light refraction is reduced and the contrast increased significantly
- No condensation or fogging:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass – moisture cannot penetrate
- No contamination:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass – dust and dirt cannot penetrate
- The danger of splintering glass is considerably reduced by the full-surface fixing / bonding with the high-adhesive Opto-Gel
- High Vibration and shock resistance:
Optical bonding increases the strength and resiliance of the TFT Display; the high tech optoGel counteracts vibration resonances and dissipates shock energy to the sides
- The shock resistance was proven by drop-ball tests. The video shows drop ball tests with a smart phone: The first one with an Opto-gel protective film, the second one without protective film.
- Improved heat dissipation (up to factor 8):
By eliminating the isolating air gap between the panes of glass, heat can dissipate through the front glass.
Together with our customers a wide variety of certifications in agricultural machinery, automation, automotive, avionics, MIL, ourdoor and railway were carried out successfully.
Bonding – Service:
We are offering VacuBond® as a production service for any available display, no matter if it is part of our standard product range or not.
We produce samples in any size up to 32″ within a few days. In order to be even faster and more precise, we create the tools for sample productions on our own 3D printer.
The Data Display Group has two identical VacuBond production facilities at its headquarters in Germering near Munich and at its site in Ronkonkoma, NY / USA. This ensures a permanent supply and a comprehensive risk Management.