The most advanced form of optical bonding in the industry: VacuBond® Vacuum Bonding & Vacuum Assembly/Laminating
In close strategic and technical co-operation with the Japanese Taica – Group the Data Display Group developed their own optical bonding production process: VacuBond®.
Take a look at our newest video describing the benefits and process of VacuBond
Vacuum bonding (also direct dry optical bonding) allows for a zero optical defect production and provides perfect material stability (no yellowing). Also modern sleek TFT displays can be bonded with this fully automated production process without any problems.
- bonding of
- all TFT display sizes up to 32″
- cover glasses on TFT displays with integrated PCAP touch
- touch screens of all technologies and/or protective glass
- PMMA/acrylic glass
- modern TFT displays without solid frame / housing
- of the pure TFT cell without bezel
- the rear of the TFT cell to eliminate free air spaces
(“free air exclusion bonding” respectively “Void exclusion” bonding for ATEX – IECEx – certification)
- direct bonding into your housing / bezel
VacuAssembly / Laminating enables:
laminating all kind of glasses (also PMMA and Acryl) and touchscreens of all technologies up to 32″. In contrast to autoclave laminating (often > 100°C) the VacuAssembly process takes place at room temperature and avoids laminating beyond the specified temperature range of the components.
- Touchscreen – glass
- glass – glass
- Touchscreen – PMMA / Acryl
- multi layer construction (eg. EMI pane – touchscreen – glass)
Advantages of optical bonding:
- Improved readability without increased power consumption:
By eliminating the air gaps between the TFT display and the cover glass/touch, the light refraction is reduced and the contrast increased significantly
- No condensation or fogging:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass – moisture cannot penetrate
- No contamination:
Optical bonding avoids the air gap between the panes of glass – dust and dirt cannot penetrate
- The danger of splintering glass is considerably reduced by the full-surface fixing / bonding with the high-adhesive Opto-Gel
- High Vibration and shock resistance:
Optical bonding increases the strength and resiliance of the TFT Display; the high tech optoGel counteracts vibration resonances and dissipates shock energy to the sides
- The shock resistance was proven by drop-ball tests. The video shows drop ball tests with a smart phone: The first one with an Opto-gel protective film, the second one without protective film.
- Improved heat dissipation (up to factor 8):
By eliminating the isolating air gap between the panes of glass, heat can dissipate through the front glass.
Together with our customers a wide variety of certifications in agricultural machinery, automation, automotive, avionics, MIL, ourdoor and railway were carried out successfully.
Bonding – Service:
We are offering VacuBond® as a production service for any available display, no matter if it is part of our standard product range or not.
We produce samples in any size up to 32″ within a few days.
The Data Display Group has two identical VacuBond production facilities at its headquarters in Germering near Munich and at its site in Ronkonkoma, NY / USA. This ensures a permanent supply and a comprehensive risk Management.